Thursday, December 17, 2009

Ethiopia Bound

Yes, you read it right. After much soul searching, tears of frustration and investigating local adoptions, we have decided to stick with Imagine and transfer our file to Ethiopia. This week has been a brutally hard week for me. My heart is still in Ghana with Mariam, but we know that it is not possible to adopt her. We are going to try to set up some sort of sponsership so that her and her mom have food. And in the end, if she can stay with her mom we will be happy. that is how it should be.We then contemplated local but that also has it's pitfalls. Our local C.A.S. has 4 kids available and they are sibling sets. I don't think it's a quick process either. At the end of the day it came down to common sense and our initial desire to adopt internationally. We have already put thousands into this. What is one more year of waiting? As a mother of 4 I have never had the experience of waiting years for a baby. I am now experiencing a small part of that. I can now relax having made the desicion. There will be some paper work to redo. I can then carry on with life knowing that we will probably not receive a referal for at least a year.
Sometimes you don't see the good in something right away. Recently I have possibly seen why God wanted this to wait a while. My mother in law is seriously ill and will need support and help for a while. This now frees me up to be that support for her. She lives next door to us and is very dear to us.
I am confident in my heart that God is good. I have been in pain emotionally lately but have felt a reassurance that God is ther with me through all that has happened. I pray that He is with you as well and wish you all a blessed Christmas.

No comments: