Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Unexpected Joys

This morning I woke up to find that someone left the door open to my upright freezer (probably was me) and all of the contents had defrosted. The minute the kids got on the bus, I was busy cleaning and cleaning. After that I was trying to find ways to use the defrosted meat and needless to say I have spent a good part of the day cooking meat, frying meat, etc. The day started horrible but as I was doing this I had a Joyce Meyer show on. Normally I don't watch t.v. while working but my wonderful husband hooked up a small t.v. in my ktchen so I cold remain sane today. Joyce was talking about how you as a person handle unexpected things in your life and it got me thinking. Yes this is not how I was going to spend my day, but this is such a minor thing compared to what others go through on a daily basis. She put it all into perspective for me. Even with this aborted adoption of Mariam crashing down on us. God will carry us through and hopefully one day we will see it more clearly. Well back to work, I am only half through my day of cooking. God Bless you all on this fine day.

No comments: