Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Another week gone

Can't believe that it's been a week since I blogged. It has been a long week and one where I really did not feel like talking with anyone. We have let go of the idea of adopting Mariam. If it happens in the future than we will be thrilled. I have given it over to God. Obviously he can move mountains and for some reason he is not moving this one for us. Since I wrote last I received an e-mail from Ghana stating that there would be no adoptions at this time (what does that mean, I don't know).  Now since I know kidnapping is wrong, we are left with no other choice. It's very hard leaving knowing that Mariam is in a tough situation. BUT God loves her and is watching over her. We will more than likely stay with Imagine and switch to Ethiopia. I have nothing against Ethiopia and that was my first choice but for some reason we decided to go with Ghana. It will just mean a very long wait for us. At least 2 years. I will be 43 by then. We will also sign on with our local CAS and see what comes of that. It is possible to adopt here and still be able to adopt from Ethiopia. I'm trying to leave this up to God. Now that our decision has been made, I feel a huge weight lifted off of me. I can still get very down when I think of Mariam and what could of been, but she was never mine in the first place. I am excited to get back to normal and get everything ready for Christmas. Blessings to all until I talk to you again.

1 comment:

Jess said...

That must have been a very hard decision to make. Praying your turn in the adoption journey will be a smooth one...