Friday, June 17, 2011

Another Delay

We are facing another delay of at least 2 weeks. They were not able to do the birth-mother-court on Wed. because of lack of important information. The investigation is not complete and I don't know when it will be. This is all because important information was left out of the initial documents when our little guy went into care. It is now all coming out. I am not mad at the birth-mother. It's so hard for these women in 3rd world countries. I am upset for us and for our little guy. Each delay means more time for him in the orphanage and more heartache for us. With this last delay I can't see us getting a court date before their 2 month closure so we add on an extra 2 months of waiting. It goes to show you that honesty is the best policy. This could have all been avoided if the truth were told right away. We could be waiting for his visa right now, instead I feel like I am back to square one. The months waiting for a court date were harder than the months waiting for a referral. And this time waiting for another court date is twice as hard as waiting for our first court date.

Prayer requests:
  • That the investigation will be complete by July 1st - the next birth-mother-court date
  • That we can feel some peace about this all
  • for the safety and health of our little Eyob in orphanage care

*update: I asked my case worker about court before closure happens and he said they are trying to get that to happen. Another prayer request.:)

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Today was the day!!

Today was going to be our court date. Sigh!! Haven't heard anything new from MOT. They were hoping to have something for me on Mon. (3 days ago) but so far nothing. I don't know what to think about that. I would have thought that if they were positive things would turn out well, they would have booked another court date right away. I know that if people don't pass court in Ethiopia they are booked another court date right away. My case is so different than anyone elses that I don't know what to think. It's been a hard week sitting here knowing I should be somewhere else. I guess all I can do is wait until birth mother court is done (June 15th).
Thanks also for all your encouraging comments on the blog and some personal e-mails.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Court Date postponed

2 days before our departure we were told that our court has been postponed. There were issues with the birth mother appearance and this needs to be resolved before they can have a court date with us. MOT is confident that this will be resolved . That doesn't help the fact that emotionally I am ready to go on Sunday and we are still unsure of what we can do with our tickets.
Timing it's possibly a blessing as this frees my husband up to plant his crops. I was told that when this gets resolved I won't have any worries about passing court so that next time I go I can go stress free. I was told that it will be resolved and that MOWA will have the letter ready for us when we come.
Don't know when that will be. Birth mother court is the 15th of June and we should get a new court date after that.
International adoption is not what I thought it would be.
Pray for us. I am taking this hard even though I know it will work out in the end. My kids are taking this hard.