Friday, June 17, 2011

Another Delay

We are facing another delay of at least 2 weeks. They were not able to do the birth-mother-court on Wed. because of lack of important information. The investigation is not complete and I don't know when it will be. This is all because important information was left out of the initial documents when our little guy went into care. It is now all coming out. I am not mad at the birth-mother. It's so hard for these women in 3rd world countries. I am upset for us and for our little guy. Each delay means more time for him in the orphanage and more heartache for us. With this last delay I can't see us getting a court date before their 2 month closure so we add on an extra 2 months of waiting. It goes to show you that honesty is the best policy. This could have all been avoided if the truth were told right away. We could be waiting for his visa right now, instead I feel like I am back to square one. The months waiting for a court date were harder than the months waiting for a referral. And this time waiting for another court date is twice as hard as waiting for our first court date.

Prayer requests:
  • That the investigation will be complete by July 1st - the next birth-mother-court date
  • That we can feel some peace about this all
  • for the safety and health of our little Eyob in orphanage care


*update: I asked my case worker about court before closure happens and he said they are trying to get that to happen. Another prayer request.:)

8 comments:

BCMommy said...

Oh Elsie, this is so sad. Nothing on this journey ever seems easy or logical. I will keep your family in my heart and hope that all will be recitified and your birth mother court date will be successful.

Hugs,

Claire

Maria said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Elsie! I will be thinking about you and your family and hopefully this will be resolved soon!

Maria

Tammy said...

Oh Elsie, I'm so sorry. I will definitely be praying for the situation to be rectified and back on course without delay. Keep strong.

shannon said...

oh Elsie,
I am also so so sorry to read this , I cant imagine anything much harder than be trying to find peace with this. I am sure everyday feels like a month.
I will be thinking of you and hoping July 1st goes as needed as well as a spot in Court before August closures.
Take the best care of yourself that you can.
Shannon

Ps I wish I could get you a VIP tour of all the cirque shows to pass the next few weeks.

Ashleigh said...

Praying for you and your family...all 7 of you.

~Liesl said...

Elsie, I'll be praying about this. It's impossible to try and work out any logical reason for why this is happeniing, but it is still all in God's control. ~Liesl

darci said...

OH Elsie...we got home from camping and I immediately wanted to check on how you were...this stinks. I'm so so sorry. I will be praying very much about that July 1st date...love darci

Melissa Waechter said...

these delays and the unknown are so so very hard, thank you for letting us know the specific prayer requests