Sunday, February 28, 2010

Exodus 22:22-24

A few articles for your "reading pleasure".

http://news.therecord.com/News/Local/article/677204

http://www.wnd.com/indez.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=126204

I titled my post today with this reference because of what it says in response to the first article. In Exodus 22:22-24 it states:

"Do not take advantage of a widow or orphan.
If you do and they cry out to me,
I will certainly hear their cry.
My anger will be aroused........

The first article is a small update about the collapse of the Imagine adoption agency and gives a small insight into what happened before the bankruptcy. In addition to this I found out that children in the transition home before the collapse were lucky if they were fed twice a day. I would like to name the person(s) responsible for this but I know that God will take care of these people. I do not understand how greed can take a hold of a person to the extent that you would allow innocent children to suffer. It breaks my heart to know that there are thousands if not millions of other people like this out in the world.
The second article is one that makes my blood boil and is in reference to the Haitian orphans.It is titled -
"Haiti's children held hostage by UNICEF's agenda". I also know that God will take care of those responsible , but the person in me just weeps to think that millions of children will continue to suffer if we do not do something about this. I do know one thing we can all do -PRAY. Prayer is a mighty weapon and one that we need to continue to use.

1 comment:

Joy said...

I've been thinking about all this, too. I was actually just reviewing some of the widow/orphan/foreigner scriptures for some Sunday School prep on refugees (part of talking about our upcoming Thailand trip). I must admit it's hard for me to move from an intellectual belief that right can prevail, to actually feeling it...so often it seems that the "other sides" have & keep all the power, when those who have pure motives to respond to the needs are stuck...but you are absolutely right...we need to keep doing what we can, and prayer is definitely one of those things.