Friday, October 22, 2010

Still alive.

Yes, I am still alive. I  survived (just barely) my birthday week. I threw in a couple of Thanksgiving family gatherings just to make sure I didn't get too bored. Add on cross country meet, soccer tournament,2 ortho appointments,2 dentist appointments, and a full day at the hospital with my dear mother-in-law in the weeks following (and absolutely no movement on the adoption scene) and I'm now ready to take a deep breath and chill for a while. I really don't have anything exciting to post but thought I should let everyone know that absolutley nothing is happening with referals. It's been at least 6 weeks since the last one and even then it was only one in the month of Sept. How can this possibly take so long? I'm at a loss. I know there are people who have been waiting longer than me that are just hurting right now. There are kids that have been separated from everything they know that are confused and in pain and need a stable home. I also do know that God loves them and I trust that He is control. I am excited for some dear people who have been receiving visas after a very long wait. Enjoy those little ones.
The weekend is almost upon me and I actually enjoy the reprieve from any expectations about this adoption. I know that any phone calls can not be about the adoption. I look forward to the end of one dissapointing week and the start of a week filled with expectations. I enjoy having my kids home to keep me busy and keep my mind off the wait. My dear farmer husband is ours for the whole day of Sunday. Thank you God for weekends.

No comments: