Friday, October 1, 2010

WHAT WERE YOU THINKING......

That's the comment I get every year at this time. The first week of Oct. is crazy for me. Three of my kids have their birthdays. Kelsey is on the 4th and Kyle and Zach are on the 7th. To top it off I also have a nephew's birthday on the 7th and my father-in-law's is on the 5th. And let us not forget Thanksgiving which gets thrown in there somewhere. What was I thinking??? Well if you go back 9 months it's our anniversay. So that would be a reasonable explanation.  But the real explanation is 2 miscarrages. I never intended on having 3 Oct. babies but I guess God had other plans. I just pray that God does not plan on our Ethiopian child to have a birthday the same time. So pray that I remain sane over the nezt week.

No new adoption news. There was only 1 referal for the month of Sept. How discouraging. Hopefully the new orphanage will have some children ready with their documents soon.

4 comments:

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Of course he/she will have a Oct birthday, sounds like it is already in your plans...don't fight it :)

L

Anna said...

Hey, what's one more birthday!! Can't plan those things, eh?!
I hope you have a fun month!
Anna

Mrs Changstein said...

Hi Elsie,
Thanks so much for your encouraging words on my blog. Yours prayers mean so much!
Cindy

Janice said...

Ha, ha... I feel another Oct. birthday coming on for you too.

Janice