Monday, November 22, 2010

Impatience

I can feel my impatience with the adoption growing again. It's like the waves of sea for me. I'm okay (never great) for days and sometimes weeks and then it builds and builds.Soon I'm going to crash and have a heart to heart talk with God and I will once again realize it's all in His hands and the timing will be perfect. But I am human and I am getting frustrated. I read many adoption blogs from the states and I really do appreciate them but they can also make me sad. I read about  families that adopt a child almost every year. Unheard of in Canada. December it will be two years since our file was sent off. (Yes I know my Lilypie says that it has been longer. I set her from when we started the journey) I know that they have many matched children and families. What, oh what, could take so long. Ya, Ya, I know - paperwork.  Paperwork has become a swear word in my life. Lot's of people have also been asking about it lately and that is a two-edged sword for me. I'm happy that they are still thinking about us and upset that I have no answers. But, if you are reading this please don't stop asking. Most people just assume that we have given up and for some reason that makes me a little mad. Don't worry about me. I am not losing it. I just needed to vent. Most people I know have no idea what this is like. A close freind actually thought I already had a referal.(I'm sure I would have shouted it from the rooftops if we had).They have no idea no matter how much I explain to them. Well, thanks for listening.

6 comments:

Joy said...

Oh yes, impatience, the questions, etc. Most people have stopped asking often about our adoption, which suits me just fine, because I always find it a little frustrating to have to give the same answer over and over...and to try to explain how the system "works". I get impatient at times (it's always on my mind), and more confused as time goes on. Is my heart in this? What do I really want to do? Are we on the right track, or is all the dead-end stuff a big glaring sign to leave it be...or are we just being told to wait until the right opportunity presents itself? Hmm...

Anyway, I continue to value staying in touch with others in this unpredictable process, and to rejoice when there is evidence of progress for others! Hoping this heart's desire and dream will soon be fulfilled.

Janice said...

I was there, exactly in your place, for so long and I know exactly what you are feeling. I remember being frustrated with friends who just stopped asking about the adoption but then equally frustrated with those who did while I tried to explain why thing were taking so long. I will never forget how hard it was to wait and wait and wait.

I know this won't make you feel better but at least things are progressing. Referrals are coming and families are traveling for court and to get their children.

I hope your time comes soon. Hang in there.

Janice

Anna said...

Good for you for venting! I know how frustrating the wait for a referral is. I pray that referrals will start to pick up again. Hang in there! (and stop reading American blogs)!!

Sharla said...

I get it. Even though I am on the other side of the waiting now, I remember it vividly. You are absolutely right about others not understanding. Unless you've been through it, you can't possibly "get it". Vent away!!!

G. HUBBARD said...

elsie, adoption is not an easy solved in a week or month, but lord is there to talk with you 24-7-365 and offer answers to your continuing questions. do not give up your quest. hope this helps talkwiththelord.blogspot.com/ me..i am gene hubbard.

darci said...

oh ditto...
I have a friend who lives in the states and in under a year STARTED the adoption process and had her son home. Happy for her, but it hurts.