Friday, November 12, 2010

Roller Coaster Ride

I have found that in this world of international adoption many feelings can surface in any given day. A lot of those actually have to do with others that are going through this same experience. I have been blessed with new relationships through this adoption. Yes, we just connect via blogs or the Yahoo page, but, nontheless we have formed a bond. We rejoice with each other when there is good news. We cry with each other when there is unexpected sad news. We share our frustrations when there is no news. We pass along valuable information to each other - anything that will make this journey smoother. We hope with each other. Yesterday I heard very exciting news on the Yahoo board and within an hour heard what could be sad news through a blog. To those of you that have had unsettling things happen with their adoption, know that I will be praying for you. To all of you out their who have posted encouragements on my blog, thank you and thank you. It makes me feel less lonely in this world of adoption. I consider you my friends if only for this season because without you I could not get through this. But my greatest friend is my heavenly Father. He is reminding me daily that He loves me and He loves my family and He loves this precious girl waiting for us in Ethiopia. Deuteronomy 10:18 describes God as one who executes justice for the orphan and the widow. We have a mighty God who is on our side.





I'm also thankful for my amazing family. God has filled my cup and it is good.


















3 comments:

deborah said...

Yes, God is good. :)

Joy said...

I, too, am so grateful for the adoption community and the way people come together to support one another. And...somehow, for the strength and fortitude provided for the wait.

Dana said...

I couldn't have gotten through our adoption without the adoption community.