Monday, December 13, 2010

2 YEARS

Wednesday it will be 2 long years since our file arrived in Ghana. It has since been switched to Ethiopia. I was so desperately hoping for a referal by Christmas. We are so close. We have been close for a long time now. It's hard being so close. It should make sense that it's easier but it isn't. It was easier when there were no expectations. November saw 18 ( yes 18) referals and Dec has seen a few. The expectations built with each referal. There has got to be a little 3 year old angel waiting for a family. Hopefully I will soon have good news for you.

3 comments:

Joy said...

Soon, very soon...I can feel the excitement building!

darci said...

hi elsie, I just popped over here from laura's blog. I'll be back. :) I know what you mean...it WAS somehow easier when t was just "a year from now, 6 months, someday"..harder but easier. My heart didn't jump every time the phone rang. soon!!

Ramona said...

HI Elsie. I just found your blog as I was using my time so wisely this morning... I recall seeing your name on comments on other friends of my blogs, and I wanted to say "hi". The whole wait at any stage in adoption is so beyond hard. We are home just over 10 months with our two little ones form Ethiopia and I msut say that I am so glad we stuck out and waited for God to bring our little ones home!
I'm so happy to hear there are referrals coming out and after your heartbreak in waiting in the Ghana program first, I hope you will soon have a photo or tow to gaze at and a name to repeat over and over in your mind and in your prayers!
Ramona