Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SURPRISE AND SHOCK

YES!!!! We have our referral.

We have a referral of a handsome little guy.

I know what you are all thinking .Where's the girl you have been waiting for for 2 years?

We received a phone call this morning (of course I was out shopping and my husband got the call) that they have a 2 year old boy for us. We were shocked to say the least. I raced home and checked my homestudy update and sure enough the last line read  "a child 0-42 months". How did we miss this?

It took me all of 1/2 a second to look at that picture and fall in love. Hauntingly big sad eyes. I was hooked.

It's not that we never wanted a boy. We have 2 boys and 2 girls right now. I love my boys to bits. We just thought that a girl in a third world country has less options when they grow older. And if I'm honest with myself I love dressing up little girls (pretty shallow-Right?).

I believe that if God wanted us to have that girl He would have made that happen. For some reason He wants this little dude in our home and we are thrilled.

It didn't take long for our kids to adjust to the idea. They are already in love with him.

18 comments:

deborah said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! SO exciting!! :) You've made my day!

Dana said...

Yehhhhhhh. I'm so excited for you. We brought our son home at almost 4 yrs old, and it has been amazing. Congratulations and enjoy cloud 9. Wishing you a speedy court date.

Dana

shannon said...

HI Elsie,

Had to stop over here and say Congrats all over again !

Wow I do love this story.

Last night I had a dream that I was referred a boy , I was so excited and thought he was great and then in the dream I remembered oh wait I am waiting for a girl .I wanted them both and even in my dream I was worried about the tons of girls clothes I had bought.
All day I was telling everyone about my "BOY" dream
So I wish you could have seen my face when I read your post over on Yahoo

Have a wonderful time celebrating
Shannon ( waiting for a girl , I think ? ;)

Chad, Laura, Sara and Seth said...

Oh, this IS such a wonderful surprise. Enjoy the high.

And thanks for smile!

L

Tammy said...

Congratulations again, Elsie! It is such a great story! I love it! Enjoy the referral high! I hope we are along the same timeline and can enjoy the rest of our journeys together!

Mrs Changstein said...

What fabulous news! Congratulations to all of you!!!

alicia said...

Congrats!! So amazing how things work out!!

Alicia in NL

arnie&bekah said...

That is so amazing!!! What a great story! Enjoy every minute of the excitement!

Kelly said...

I am so happy for you and your family! Have fun shopping for little boy outfits!

Kelly

Janice said...

Elsie, finally!! This is wonderful news and I'm so happy for you and your family. Congratulations!!

A little boy, sounds like it was meant to be.

Time to celebrate the good news.

Janice

Anna said...

YEAH!!! I'm just checking your blog now. How exciting!! Congratulations! I love it that you actually went to check what you had written in your homestudy! God has a great sense of humour and His plans and His timing is not ours! Enjoy this exciting time and I'm praying for a speedy/successful court date.

Ashleigh said...

Congratulations Elsie. What a gift.

Connie said...

Wow! Congratulations!! That is so exciting! Enjoy the referral high! It's so much fun! Hope you get a court date soon!

Sharla said...

It is amazing to see how God works. Even though you thought that you were meant to adopt a girl, He knew all along the child He had chosen for your family and He made it happen. Praying for a successful court date for you and a smooth transition.

Natalie and Chris said...

What great news. Congrats to you all and your new little guy. Good luck with the next few steps. We wish you all the best.
Nat and Chris

darci said...

congratulations! God is amazing. :) what a surprise, and JUST the child for your home..love it> :) g

BCMommy said...

HI Elsie!

Congrats again! I didn't know you had a blog- I saw you comment on someone else's! Looks like I have some back-reading to do :)
I would love to share my blog with you. Email me at clairee_wee@hotmail.com and I will add you, as it's private :)

Claire

Jess said...

Congratulations!!! Very excited for you!