Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy Birthday!!!

Well it's Eyob's 3rd birthday today. I can't believe he's already 3. It was almost a year ago that we received the referal for him. He is doing amazing. His english is coming along really well. He can say short phrases and understand almost everything I tell him. He is very polite saying  "thank you" whenever someone does something for him. He's got a great sense of humour.
It's been so nice now that Christmas is over. Ever since we've come back from Ethiopia it's been hard to really try and stay home and make sure the bonding was really happening. I knew he loved us but he was still quite friendly with others as well. Since we had Barry's mom's passing in November and then Christmas on the heels of that we have been so busy with functions that involve lots of people. There had also been numerous family functions and some well intentioned people holding him ( a lot) and basically giving him everything he asked for. Since the new year I have made a point of staying home with him as much as I can and giving him my full attention. People have a hard time understanding the whole bonding process. And I have a hard time telling everyone to back off.


My kids love teaching him all sorts of things. In this picture he is "cool" and my daughter has him repeating the phrase "I am cool". The poor guy has no chance but he loves all the attention. He has a whole army of teachers at his disposal. (Not always teaching him the best things LOL). Anyway just wanted to touch base as a bunch of you had told me not to end my blog.                                              

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Eyob!

darci said...

Yay!!I am so glad yo wrote! Happy birthday Eyob! He is def one cool cat! :) love that life slows down and u can just be home...
So I can check blogs or access hotmail in E for some reason but wd love to keep in touch:) maybe FB..

Anna said...

He's too cute (and too cool)! Hope he had a great birthday! Deborah turned 2 this past week! Nice that you can take it a bit easy now that Christmas is over. We had the same thing when we came home. Enjoy your time with him!! (I would still love to get together though some time)!!