Thursday, January 7, 2010

Another Referal

Things are moving again. There were 4 referrals before Christmas and I just heard of another one today. This excites me more than words can say. There is a light at the end of the tunnel for us. I think we are only about 7 months behind this couple and for the first time I feel optimistic that this will not take as long as I thought. I try not to feel to much optimism for fear of getting burned. I still think of our little Mariam and wonder what she is doing. I wonder if she has enough food to eat. I wonder if her mother loves her like a mother should. I dare not tell my kids of my optimism . They have been crushed by the whole Ghana thing. Our little Zachary still prays about the adotion every night. We don't talk about it much anymore. And I also found out that today is the Ethiopian Christmas. How exciting that we can celebrate twice. I might even let the kids stay home from school when our little one joins the family.

1 comment:

Brendan and Mary said...

That is fantastic news, Elsie! I understand why you have to guard your heart a little, but know that it will happen.

Mary