Saturday, July 23, 2011

Downer Posts

I've noticed that most of my posts recently have been fairly depressing. Although the news we have been receiving has been grim, we do have wonderful things happening in our lives. With this blog I just tend to focus on my adoption which has been facing many hurdles recently. The wonderful things in our lives are named Kyle, Rachel, Kelsey and Zach. Our children are what keeps us going. God has blessed us with amazing kids. Not perfect- but amazing. Our oldest (16) has switched jobs this summer. Instead of working in a grocery store stocking shelves he is doing construction and learning new skills. He has gotten his license and has become very independent. My grey hairs have tripled since he bought a motorcycle. Rachel (15) is busy working as a cashier at our local pharmacy. Loves her job and loves interacting with the elderly. I still have to chauffeur her around a lot. My other 2 are working on the farm hoeing some peppers and keeping busy having as many friends over as possible. Summer for kids is a magical time.

I've also been trying to focus on some positive things with Eyob.
-yes he is still in the orphanage but he is being taking care of and being loved. I've heard great reports about this orphanage. I'm thankful that with all the drought and starvation that is happening in Ethiopia, my little guy is being fed.
-in the big scheme of things, a few months won't matter that much. Yes, it is torture right now but in the end it will be worth it.
-knowing that we won't make court somewhat relaxs me. There is nothing we can do about it now and I don't feel this pressure that I had before.
-I do have a referal. At the rate referals have been coming in I need to be greatful that I have Eyob.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Glad your children are all doing so well and enjoying the summer. YOu sound like a real proud Mamma!! (I would still love to meet you some time)!
I'm glad that you are feeling somewhat relaxed about your court. When the time comes, you will be SO ready!

darci said...

Ah, my husband got a motorcycle at 16 too....good times! As a mom now you think of how we must have worried our parents, hey? I have been thinking of you! Please email me when u can:)