Sunday, October 2, 2011

MEET EYOB




Hey Everyone,

I haven't posted for a long time. I wanted to wait until everything was definite and there were no more setbacks. We just came home from picking up our new son.  Last time I posted we had not even passed court. Well we were able to pass court on Aug 5th. Everything went quickly and smoothly form there on. We received the visa call Sept. 19th and were on a plane Sept. 21st. Our "Gothcha Day" for Eyob was Sept. 24th.  He's a sweetheart and we are so blessed to be able to welcome him into our family.
We arrived in Ont. late Thursday evening. Our kids are so excited to be able to get to know him. He has had a bit of a rough start here. We already took him into the clinic with a double ear infection. he's having a hard time adjusting to the new time. Thank you everyone for your prayers and words of encouragement throughout this long wait to bring Eyob home. In hindsight we have seen God work through this whole process. At the time we wondered what he was doing. God provided us with a huge miracle and because of that we have Eyob home with us.
I hope to write more of our trip later. At this time we are all adjusting and are happily tired most of the time.

5 comments:

~Liesl said...

Elsie, I've been checking your blog for an update. I wasn't expecting this! Wow wonderful that you are HOME with your son! I'm so happy for all of you. I can't wait to hear more about how you all are doing. And someday I hope we can meet him in person.
~Liesl

BCMommy said...

So happy to see you together! Those eyes and lashes....wow, you are going to have to watch the ladies with this one!!!! He's gorgeous!

When you were at Ebenezer, did you see any older girls, 3-5ish? Just wondering.....

So glad you are finally home!!!!!!

Claire

darci said...

Elsie,
I am so so happy for you. God is so good. August 5th (the day you passed court) is kind of a special day to me because that is our dossier anniversary date..August 19 was Jotham's birthday..
So very glad that finally you have your SO HANDSOME son home with you! Praying for each of you as he and you adjust. Rejoicing with you. Congratulations! Darci

Anna said...

Welcome home!! He's so adorable! What a journey you've been on. I hope he feels better soon and I can't wait to hear more of your trip.

Sharla said...

Congratulations! He is adorable!