Tuesday, May 24, 2011

12 SLEEPS

The countdown has started. Actually it started a while ago. I have a few things packed. A whole hockey bag full of girl clothes that were given to us for our adoption. I don't think our little guy would appreciate them. A few things are packed for us. Starting to make a schedule for our kids. They will just rotate through all their friends and cousins' houses. How fun is that.  I can't believe how calm I've been these last couple of weeks when I should be panicking.

A couple of prayer requests:

-my poor hubby is having a horrible planting season. We are so far behind because of rains. He needs to get some stuff done before we go.

-my mother-in-law's health is deteriorating rapidly. It's going to be hard for us to go knowing that she is not well and that we could lose her. It would not be good if we were not here to comfort our kids or Barry's father. They should be celebrating their 50th anniversary this summer. How amazing is that. And I would love for her to meet Eyob.

I had been following a blog of a fellow Imagine parent who is in Ethiopia right now. He has been very detailed in his blogs and I love it because it has given me some good ideas of what to do. Anyway when he went to visit the orphanage where his little daughter is he was able to go into the toddler room and see the kids there. He went on to mention a little boy he played with and that little guy was my Eyob. All of a sudden the pictures on my walls were no longer just pictures. There is actually a little boy out there who loves to play with his train. I knew all along he was real but it has been 4 months since our first and only pictures of him. After a while it all feels surreal. Thank you Sid for playing with my little guy. In just 2 short weeks we'll be able to do that ourselves and I can't wait. Did I mention it's just 12 sleeps?

4 comments:

darci said...

Wow Elsie..so soon! How amazing that Sid could meet your SON! I have been praying for you and now have some more specifics to pray for...inking of you. Darci

darci said...

Not really inking....thinking;)

Ashleigh said...

How amazing to have the countdown so low. Praying for safety and health (for you but also for you MIL while you're away). Isn't it amazing to have an image in your mind and know that someone actually saw YOUR KID. I posted sort of about that today, too.
Excited for you - thanks for emailing me back, too :)
Ashleigh

Anna said...

I'm tearing up as I read about your little guy playing trains and soon you'll be seeing him and playing with him!!! I will keep your mother-in law in my prayers and for sun/dry weather (my husband grows flowers, and it's been a terrible spring. We prayed in church this morning for all the farmers and growers). Happy packing!!!