Sunday, May 1, 2011

Oh the joy of Hydro!!

I just decided that I would not be a good Amish housewife. I have always been fascinated by that whole culture. This week we had an amazing wind storm in Southern Ontario. Unfortunately it knocked out power all over the place. And since we live in the boonies we were one of the last ones to have power restored. 3 days without power!!!! And 7 people living in the house needing showers, flushing toilets, needing food etc. You get the idea. Luckily I have amazing in-laws who shared their generator with us (1/2 day for us and 1/2 day for them) and we were able to keep our food frozen and have running water (cold water- no hot water). My point here is not to complain but to say that after this I will be forever grateful that I am not Amish and that I can enjoy the comforts of our modern society. My kids will always remember this and also appreciate these comforts.

In the world of adoption there is no new news for us. Sorry that this is all so boring for you all.

1 comment:

Anna said...

For some crazy reason, I thought you lived out west. That was a crazy storm last week. My sister in law who works at Hydro One in Caledonia had a lot of nasty phone calls! I can't imagine how frustrating that must have been. I too would not be a good Amish housewife! Still praying for your court.